Or so we are promised in today’s Illawarra Mercury.
A severe weather warning has been issued for the Illawarra, with gale-force winds expected to whip through the region later today.
Peak gusts of up to 90km/h are predicted, exceeding the estimated 76km/h winds that buckled WIN Stadium’s western grandstand roof last week.
The Bureau of Meteorology is predicting winds averaging 45km/h in the morning, intensifying to 55km/h during the afternoon thanks to a strong cold front blowing up from the state’s south.
But with peak gusts higher than those of last Tuesday’s strong winds, all eyes will be on the beleaguered western grandstand.
Five cranes are now on the site supporting the roof, which buckled after 16mm bolts, which held the truss together, snapped in high winds…
I’m hanging out for Steelers and The Steel Wok to reopen – and I am sure they are too but even more so!
September began thus:
Checking outside just now:
Back to reviewing the third quarter of 2011 on this blog.
Most visited posts in the quarter ending 30 September 2011
- Home page 4,940 visits since 1 July 2011
- Australia’s Got Talent 2011 Grand Final 1,281
- Jack Vidgen–Australia’s Got Talent last night 1,007
- Thanks, Tilly and Kate! 468
- Nostalgia and the globalising world — from Thomas Hardy to 2010 438
- Being Australian 16: inclusive multiculturalism Aussie style 9 – my tribes 401
- Showcase 267 – this is the current home page
- A very personal Australia Day 26 January – my family 264
- Leaky Boat: the documentary 209
- The Rainbow Warrior 192
- Who to vote for on last night’s Australia’s Got Talent 187
- Semi-Final 5: Australia’s Got Talent 166
- Australia’s Got Talent 2011 Grand Final — my top 5 122
- Australia’s Got Talent Final 2 118
- More disordered thoughts on “Leaky Boat” and the Q&A 90
- Whatever it takes… 89
- In the matter of David Hicks 79
- Being Australian 11: inclusive multiculturalism Aussie style 4 78
- About 74
- Has school bullying increased? 73
- Documentaries to make you think, cringe, cry, or wonder.. 1 71
- Wollongong local history 71
- Honk if you hate the changes on Facebook… 71
- Yesterday 70
- Being Australian 20: poem and song, images, dreams, nostalgia, England 68
Where would my blog be without TV?