See the fake letter to the editor posted earlier.
I was born in 1943, 9 July. Links below are from Wikipedia and do not open in new windows.
- Monarch – King George VI
- Governor-General – Alexander Hore-Ruthven, 1st Baron Gowrie
- Prime Minister – John Curtin
- 3 March – A Soviet embassy is established in Canberra, and an Australian diplomat is posted to Moscow as ambassador.
- 14 May – The hospital ship AHS Centaur is torpedoed by a Japanese submarine off North Stradbroke Island in Queensland, killing 268 persons.
- 12 June – A general election is held in Victoria.
- 21 August – A federal election is held. The incumbent Australian Labor Party government lead by John Curtin is returned to power.
- 23 September – Enid Lyons and Dorothy Tangney become the first women to win seats in the Parliament of Australia. Lyons represents the Tasmanian electorate of Darwin in the House of Representatives, and Tangney is a Senator for Western Australia.
4th July 1943 the 2/13th Battalion marches through Martin Place, Sydney.
Scarlet fever, polio, rationing, absent fathers, sons, brothers, a world at war.
Oh yeah, I Want MY AUSTRALIA of birth BACK !!!